Posted by Rhian Burrell, on January 27, 2021.
Alex joins us as a Cabinet Maker as we enter a really exciting period for Cherrywood Bespoke. 2021 holds lots of exciting plans which we’re delighted he’ll be a part of.
We asked Alex a few questions to help us all get to know him better.
1) Describe yourself in three words
Driven, Happy, Organised
2) Tell us something about you that might surprise us
I’m a drummer and big fan of all kinds of rock music
3) What’s the best bit about being a Cabinet Maker at Cherrywood so far?
The atmosphere. Being part of such a tight-nit team is great, we have a good time
whilst getting the job done. Everyone is really talented so it’s a great place to
continue to develop my skills
4) What got you into woodwork in the first place?
I can’t pin point it to one thing. I’ve always been interested in woodwork and don’t
think I’ll ever not be. It’s a nice feeling to be in a job that I never get bored of
5) What is your favourite type of job to work on?
Large bespoke kitchens – so I’ve come to the right place! I also enjoy working bespoke bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and storage
6) Do you have a favourite type of wood to work with?
American black walnut or Olive ash. I absolutely love the American Black Walnut
Study that the guys here completed for one of their previous clients
7) Is there anything you haven’t made yet that you’d like to?
I quite fancy making a set of dining chairs – maybe one day I’ll get round to it but for
now I’m looking forward to getting involved in all of the up-coming projects here at